The Helen K. and James S. Copley Library, located on the west end of the campus, currently houses over 500,000 books, 6,000 media items, and subscribes to over 2,500 print journals and 125 online databases which provide access to more than 18,000 journals electronically. It also houses the university's media software collection, including video and audio tapes, DVDs, and Cds.
Copley Library is open 114 hours each week. Library faculty with subject specialties offer extensive reference, research and instructional services.
The libraries at USD are members of the San Diego Circuit Library Consortium, which maintains a database linking university libraries in the region. Through this consortium, USD students and faculty can easily access library materials from other campuses.
In addition to its own collection and the San Diego Circuit, Copley Library has connections to libraries throughout the world.
Notable features and services of the Copley Library include:
- Over 80 computer workstations for student use
- Wired and wireless networks for patrons with laptop computers
- Laptop computers are also available for checkout
- Photocopy 中国体彩票手机版下载 and microform readers/printers are available for student use
- Two printer stations, including laser color printing
- Study spaces are available for over 700 students and include group study areas, quiet carrels and pleasant reading rooms furnished with antiques and contemporary art
Legal Research Center
The Katherine M. and George M. Pardee Jr. Legal Research Center, located east of the law school, is the region's premier law library. The library collection is available to law students and faculty, members of the USD community and other legal researchers.
The library is open seven days per week on a schedule of 112 hours during the fall and spring semesters, on a reduced schedule during the summer and intersessions, and for extended hours during exam study periods. Librarians trained in the law provide reference service during a majority of the library's operating hours.
Within the beautiful seven-level building, students have access to:
- Ample individual and group study areas
- Convenient power outlets for laptop use
- Reliable wireless Internet access
- Two computer labs with black and white laser printing
- Dedicated computers for research near the print collections
- Laptop computers available for checkout
- Photocopy 中国体彩票手机版下载 and microform readers/printers
In addition to its extensive collection of print materials, the library offers great historical depth in its microforms and documents collection and subscribes to a wide array of online research databases for current and historical domestic, foreign and international legal materials.